EWMI is an equal opportunity employer complying with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates will be selected based on merit in relation to their ability to fulfill the responsibilities of the position and their qualifications and experience as stated in the job description. For further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
We currently have 1 position open. Thank you for your interest.
ODI is looking to hire a national Research Associate to contribute to research and content development for Open Development Vietnam (ODV) site. The role is to provide research and data support to the National Coordinator who manages the ODV platform.
The role is expected to involve approximately 40 hours per week to perform the following tasks:
Research and project support:
- Provide research support to develop data pieces for presentation upon the OD Vietnam platform, including topics, stories and data visual storytelling where necessary.
- Support the implementation of national events (online and offline) and facilitation of meetings and workshops.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other ODV team members and the ODI regional team on research projects.
Data collection and data contributions:
- Source data, develop dataset and create data visualizations when necessary to support editorial content.
- Assist with uploading documents, dataset to CKAN database, entering metadata, and translating metadata (Vietnamese-English)
- Contribute to the shared wiki guides and other documentation to maintain relevance and accuracy for continued users. Provide translation support into Vietnamese when necessary.
- Develop social media posts and coordinate campaigns for OD Vietnam along with team members. Ensure that content in ODV, social media and other public outlets is appropriate for national sensitivities.
Knowledge and Skills:
The candidate should be familiar with development issues affecting Vietnam and have a strong interest in doing research on development and environmental sustainability.
Additionally the candidate should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Strong self-management skills to be able to work autonomously and within a remote team environment
- Strong research and analytical skills to be able to contribute to ongoing research work within Vietnam and contribute to producing stories or content that are well balanced, evidence based and without bias or agenda.
- Proven communication and writing skills in English and Vietnamese (both spoken and written).
- Ability to curate and synthesize issues on Vietnam within the Mekong region context
- Results driven, to ensure that outcomes and products are produced
- Good computer skills and knowledge of web user interfaces such as WordPress would be useful.
- Ability to work within a virtual team environment and from home.
- Bachelor in social, economic, political, data science, or other technology sector.
- Masters or higher level qualifications are an advantage
Terms of the contract:
The position is for a full-time posting with on the job training and support. Within the first 2 months of the posting a performance review will be conducted and additional responsibilities and tasks may be asked should the candidate perform well. ODI would like to invest in the candidate to build their skills and ability to contribute to the OD Mekong and OD Vietnam site over the longer term.
Contract duration: 12-18 months (depending upon funding)
How to apply:
All interested candidates should submit a motivation letter outlining why they would qualify for this posting along with a recent CV, in English, listing two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ODI-EMWI is an equal opportunity employer complying with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please refer to our website for more information on EWMI’s culture of ethics and compliance at: https://ewmi.org/Compliance
Application deadline: March 15th, 2023