The U.S. Mission in Vietnam is pleased to announce the 2020-2021 competition for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program. The Humphrey Fellowship is a one-year, non-degree, full scholarship program offered to promising mid-career professionals who have a proven track record of leadership, and a strong commitment to public service. Participants spend one year at a leading U.S. university working in a self-designed program of independent study and participate in professional affiliations off-campus, field trips, special workshops and seminars in their field of study. Fellows are selected based on their potential for national leadership and commitment to public service in either the public or private sector.
- Eligible fields: Sustainable Development, Democratic Institution Building, Education, Public Health
- Requirements for Applicants: To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must be between the ages of 28 and 45 and have:
– a university degree;
– at least five years of substantial professional experience prior to August 2020;
– limited or no prior experience in the United States;
– demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service;
– strong English skills with a minimum paper-based TOEFL score of 525 or iBT TOEFL score of 71 for the selection in Vietnam. An Institutional TOEFL test will be organized for eligible candidates.
- Application: online, at https://humphreyfellowship.org/embassies-and-commissions.
- Deadline for applications: 5 pm, Thursday, August 1st, 2019.
Only on-line applications will be accepted.
US Embassy in Vietnam